Thursday, June 23, 2011

1 week!!!

I can't believe that it has already been a week ago that I was sitting in the waiting room - wondering how successful Juliann's surgery was going! Things could have gone so much differently. She has definitely giving me the best Birthday gift today - her quick recovery so far has been more than I ever thought possible.
For fun today, we thought that we would count all of the holes that she got at the hospital. The grand total is 45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well 51 if you include the three holes that i got each time I donated, and 3 more for Mardon's wife and her two friends for also donating blood for Juliann). This includes all of the IV's, blood work holes, stitches etc (her main incision we only counted once because it is taped shut - like 4 other incisions). The drain lines and pace wires were all stitched in, so there are two extra holes for each of these, plus all of the "anchoring" points used to keep her opened during surgery!
Modern medicine is quite amazing to me that this is even possible.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. 45 holes.... good gravy that is a lot. I can't believe what has unfolded in just one weeks time. You both are incredible. I am amazed at how you are progressing. Thank you for sharing this with us and letting us peek in the the window each day. Eric - thank heavens you are there to be such a support.

    ReplyDelete